SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
1fish2fish_gw

Meyer Lemon Tree top of tree brown

1fish2fish
13 years ago

Greetings!

I searched through the past posts and did not quite find my exact scenario, maybe some kind person can help.

I purchased a Meyer Lemon Tree in January. When it arrived it was not what I expected but it was alive. It was about 3 feet tall trunk slightly thicker than a pencil at the base and tapered up. It had about 12 healthy looking leaves. Honestly it looked like a tree twig taped to a stick in a pot. I was expected shorter and maybe thicker trunk.

I did as I was instructed by the Meyer Lemon Tree company, transplanted in the soil for citrus and I mixed in the reptile bark that I saw suggested on this forum.

It slowly lost all of its leaves as expected. It sits directly in my kitchen window and gets full morning and afternoon sunshine.

Since it lost all of its leaves it now really looks like a stick taped to a stick in a pot.

I noticed two days ago that the very tip of the tree looked brown. This morning it is definitely dead at the top. The bottom however is definitely green and has sprouted some leaves.

What to do? I know the dead has to go. But how far do I cut? The lady at Home Depot insisted that I had to use a sealer after I cut anything from the tree.

I have wanted a little lemon tree for years. I am willing to devote how ever much attention it needs. Please, any help will be appreciated.

I posted the pics of my tree at: http://www.bookout.us/TREE/

that may help.

Thank You!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH