SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

Trying to decide between 'Page' mandarin or 'Minneola' tangelo.

Andrew Scott
13 years ago

Okay, this spring I will be getting another dwarf citrus tree from Four Winds.

I am trying to decide between the 'Page' mandarin and the 'Minneola' tangelo. I have been wanting the latter forever now, but I had come across an old post on the Tropical fruit forum about the 'Page' mandarin. from what I read, this mandarin is one of the best mandarins you can get. Also read that they command the highest price in the supermarkets and fruit stands.

I have never tried the fruits before and according to the post, most places don't carry them because of there high price tag but also read that they are worth every penny. This is one of those oocasions where I truly wish I could sample the fruit beforeI buy it.

As for the 'Minneola' tangelo, I have had this fruit many times and it is easily my favorite sweet orange. The flavor is in your face and is just juicy bliss. I also read that they require another citrus variety for the cross pollinator but I all ready have the 'Meyer' lemon, keylime, and 2 Oro blanco grapefruits so I will be fine there.

Does anyone have any experience with the 'Page' mandarin? I have till spring to make up my mind. I would love to say that I could just buy both but I plan on saving any available space for my growing mango tree collection. I still prefer mango over citrus any day!

Thanks,

Andrew

Comments (21)