SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbrow156

Whats wrong with our orange tree? Wierd leaves and not growing..

sbrow156
11 years ago

Hello,
I am new to this forum. I post alot on other forums but have an orange and lime tree at home and am having some problems with the orange so thought i would come over here and ask about it. I will tell you the whole story...sorry if you think im rambling but i think you should know the whole story to perhaps provide an accurate diagnosis for it. Anyway we have had these trees for about one and a half years ...maybe abit more. We sort of neglected them for about 6 months after we got them. Iffing and arring about where to put them because we are only renting. Then we thought we would go buy a house so didnt plant them anywhere. Then decided to save abit more before we did that and we couldnt find any houses we liked anyway. In this time my lime tree was going fine but my partners orange tree had been majorly eaten by grasshoppers. All the leaves and branches at the top died and dropped off and it instead started sprouting new branches from the stem. I then chopped the top off with all the dead branches on it and the little branches from the stem seemed to thrive for awhile. I went out and bought huge pots for them and repotted them. Both my lime and his orange seemed to love that. My lime then seemed to do the same as the orange did and die off at the top. I chopped the top off like the orange and now it is absolutely thriving!! all lush green and really tall branches coming from the sides of the stem!! Much bigger then the orange... all the oranges little branches from the stem have turned all wierd coloured and have spots all over them and dont seem to be growing any more. I have given the lime and orange both the same attention and water and fertiliser so i dont understand why the lime is going great! and the orange is like this? What is wrong with it? what would you say i do with it? i would hate to see it die! :(

Regards,
Sarah

Comments (25)