SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paul__gw

Is this normal for victoria-regina?

paul_
12 years ago

Despite having more plants in an apt than any intelligent person should have, I seem unable to cease acquiring more.

I've been pining for an Agave victoria-regina ever since I saw one at a conservatory a few years back. However, as this is not something a place llke Lowes is likely to ever get, and because I'm not about to fork out the money to purchase one at a nursery plus the postage for a single plant (postage on a single plant is generally rather ridiculous IMO) I was resigned to having to simply admire them vicariously through others. (On the plus side it also meant I was safe from giving in to "the urge".) But as fate would have it, I happened upon someone who had a division for trade. Now not only was the postage far less than a nursery would charge, but the plant would essentially be "free". Needless to say I broke and did the trade. *sigh* So much for willpower.

Here's the little bugger currently in a 3 inch pot:

{{gwi:582715}}

Now my understanding is that this is a very slow growing plant -- which is just fine by me. That simply means I have a while before it gets too big for my limited space. But what surprised me, considering its diminutive size at this point, is that it appears to already be pupping -- something I didn't think it would do until it got a lot older and bigger.

{{gwi:582716}}

Is this normal?

Comments (7)