SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ideal2545

am i over or underwatering this meyer?

ideal2545
12 years ago

Hi Everyone,

So I've had my dwarf meyer for about a month now and I transplanted it to a much bigger pot about a week or so ago and it had been doing fine. With the 2 gallon pot it was in i was letting the soil almost dry out before watering it again.

When I transplanted it, I took all the soil from the 2 gallon pot (in its "pot shape") and put it in with some run of the mill Miracle Gro outdoor potting soil. (which I kinda of regret now since I keep reading that Cactus Mix would have been better?)

In the new pot, theres much more soil so I've been checking the soil level with my finger, the outer edges of the pot has stayed moist all week so I've been leaving it be, however today I noticed that the leaves are looking "sad" they are still green but they are pointing down. So I put my finger closer to the center of tree where the original soil would be and that soil was pretty hard where I couldn't stick my finger in more than half an inch. So now I'm not sure if the soil on the outer edge is staying too moist (been about a week since I watered, its been in the mid 70's al week).

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Jon

picture of sad leaves:

{{gwi:558012}}

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions