SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meyermike_1micha

Lemon Meyer leaves yellow veining then drop?

meyermike_1micha
15 years ago

Is it common for Lemon Meyer to drop leaves at this time of year or to molt anytime of the year. Is this a process common for this type of tree although it can be in perfect enviroment and treated at it's optimist level. I mean perfect watering, lighting, nutrition, and temps, or does it only drop leaves due to our own error?

My care practices have not changed. I have had a month where nothing drops, then all of a sudden they just start shedding. Then they stop for a while again.

Alot of members here seem to have this problem with their "lemon meyers" this time of year, and now it's is my turn.

This tree has been indoors since the end of summer, has not only shed some leaves twice in the past 4 months for a week or two at a time, then stopped, but now it is doing it again in the past week. It has no insects. I don't over water. And the amount of light has not changed from when it drops nothing at all for weeks at a time. It gets lots of south facing sun and at least 8 hours of gowlights besides. All my other citrus are not shedding leaves, and have not. Just this one?

The center veins turn a deep yellow and start to spread to the rest of vein on leaf, then the whole leaf just drops off. Now it is almost bare within a week.

One good sign though, none of the branches are dying. If there were branches dying I think this would suggest root rot? In fact the roots on this tree look very healthy after checking them lastnight.

Any help from someone would be much appreciated!:-)Thanks in advance!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!