SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mark_pruett_gw

Losing all leaves = Dead lemon tree?

mark_pruett
17 years ago

My Meyer lemon is losing all its leaves in a big hurry. It's kept indoors in a large pot, and usually gets plenty of sun (well, as much as we get in the winter) because it's next to a window. The indoor temperatures range between about 60 and about 70 where it's at, and I've been watering it only when the top couple of inches of soil are dried out, at which point, I give it a gallon or so of water. (it's one of the 18" x 18" pots).

Anyway, when we threw the New Year's Eve party, the citrus trees got put in the garage for a few days (no sun). On the move back inside, most of the leaves fell off the Meyer lemon, and several have fallen since. Oddly enough, the Key lime is doing just fine- I think I lost 5 leaves total, out of several hundred, and it's in exactly the same conditions- soil from the same sacks, same pot, kept 1-2 feet from the meyer lemon, etc...

My main question is, if all the leaves fall off the meyer lemon, is it screwed, or will it get new buds in the spring and grow new leaves like a normal tree?

Comments (7)