SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
napdognewfie

I'm baaaack!

napdognewfie
14 years ago

My computer is still down but I have my son's laptop till he needs it. I feel like I'm being punished with no communication with the outside world. :( I have spent quality time in the veggie garden & canning.

This has been a crappy year for my Brugs (& me too). If it can go wrong, it has. I lost most of over 200 big plants last winter after hurrying them inside & then the electric & heaters went off several times. Thanks to very generous Eddie, I have a nice bunch of replacements & some new ones to look forward to next year. It will soon be time to put them all away again. I will be wearing wrap around glasses when I trim them back (remember me getting blinded for a week?).

Ludgers Windsong & Tiara are blooming now & the others are covered in buds from tiny to about to open sizes. I had flowers in June last year. Lots of other things are flowering & the Vigna caracallas were covered in flowers all summer & there are about 8 pods on one. :) Seeds are forming late on most everything else.

I only have about 15 new seedlings & none of them has a Y. I only fertilized a few times as an experiment (along with being disgusted) & they are about half the height of last year. It looks like the stems are turning woody later too but there were way less bugs chewing on them. Maybe fertilizer is a condiment.

Linda

Comments (2)