SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
xpochian

accidental freezing of vft!

xpochian
18 years ago

i've been leaving my vft on the porch beside the house to let it feel the chillier climate and hint to it that it is supposed to get to sleep soon and we experienced a cold snap. i got home a little later than expected and soon found my otherwise vibrant vft strangely motionless. with a recoil in abject horror i touched one of the leaves and realized it was mostly frozen stiff. i quickly brought it inside and gave it some water, keeping it chilled so not to shock it, but also with loads of cool light on it, hoping this would give it a slightly needed boost.

now, most of the outer leaves and heads, which thankfully were older and in the beginning states of death, have turned an unattractive liveless olive and slumped right over. the main 3 to 5 stalks are healthy, strong and firm and still growing up, but a slight sag to them. i've also noticed a smaller plant that seems completely unaffected, probably a product of a rosette budding. it has tiny, tiny stems and heads roughly as large as a pencil lead. should i move it to safety or force it into dormancy as well?

and the most important thing, i did not mean for this to happen. this was my first CP and i've had it for over a good year and a half now. i'd hate to think i've killed it. could anyone tell me what they'd do to keep it alive, assuming its possible at this point.

thanks all.

Comments (8)

Sponsored