SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mindy_2008

Please help! my succulents are wilting in front of my eyes!

mindy_2008
15 years ago

Hi!

I am a new gardener to arizona. I recently planted an outside container (deep- it is built against the foundation of my home.) of succulents- including multiple echeveria. they are starting to grow limp and flaccid. I don't think I am overwatering them- I watered the soil well before they were transplanted, transplanted them and haven't added water since- approx 5 days ago. I added some slow releasing fertilizer to the soil while I was working it in. It is part potting soil, part native earth. I dug deep and mixeed it up well, but I didn't add any perlite or broken dishes etc to increase drainage.

the ground received basically full sun in the afternoons. Did I mention I live in phoenix yet? so it is hot and with minimal humidity.

I just feel helpless when they are losing more leaves I wish I knew all of their full names. Some are the giant ones- with rosettes approx the size of a melon, and other's are the size of a walnut.

I am a somewhat new gardener, and absolutely new to phoenix, so I am sure I am messing up somewhere.

any help/pointers you can give is much appreciated!

thanks,

Mindy

Comments (2)