SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
don555_gw

b52 vft

don555
16 years ago

I searched for info on the B52 variety of flytrap on this forum, but didn't find much. The B52 is a flytrap that can supposedly develop unusually large traps under ideal growing conditions. I found a Canadian site (I'm in Canada) that sells tissue-cultured B52's, so of course I had to get one. I guess my question is... do folks here have experience growing this cultivar, and if so, does it really live up to its billing of traps to 2 inches (50 mm) and larger?

The plant I got in the mail seems to not yet be fully mature but the traps already are 30-33 mm in length, which is the same as my biggest outdoor-grown flytraps this summer. Presumably the B52s might outdo that next summer, but outdoor growing is over for this year, as everything outside has pretty much gone dormant now.

Anyhow, I'd love to hear more on this cultivar, particularly regarding whether or not it really lives up to its billing as a "giant flytrap".

-Don

Here's a pic of my B52, shipped bare-root but now planted into long-fibre sphagnum. Yes, it could look better, but it did just spend a week in complete darkness, getting beat up in the mail.

{{gwi:562807}}

Comments (7)

Sponsored