SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robinboynton

overwintering brugs

robinboynton
18 years ago

Hello all-

I posted a message a few nights ago but haven't seen it appear so will try again.

Early last season May 2004, I purchased 2 brugs (pink angel's trumpets). They were about 12" tall in 6"inch pots. I immediately transplanted them into 12" pots and they thrived on my nothern exposure deck, increasing in size X10 but not Y'ing or blooming. At the end of the season, before frost I brought them inside and kept them alive in front of french doors thru the winter. They continued to grow in height, but had dropped most of their leaves. Early in spring of 2005 they began growing again and sprouting new leaves. Unfortunately one of the plants also seemed to sprout an infestation of "spider mites"? I managed to keep them alive until it was warm enough for them to return to the deck, and they recuperated quickly and well. The mite infestation on the one returned after a drought at the end of July but finally, now in late August, they have both Y'd and have 12-15 buds each. My current queries are... if, when and how far do I cut them back to attempt to winter them over again and.... is there anything I could/should do to combat the mite infestation. Obviously I'm not thrilled about inviting them back into the area of the rest of my houseplants. Also, can anyone explain why all of a sudden we are having difficulty loading the message pages of this forum? I can't even load the one that asks the question "anyone else having computer problems?"

Hope to hear from someone out there before our first frost! Thanks

Robin

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert