SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lylesgardens

Hi All! Trumpet Vine question

lylesgardens
15 years ago

Hi Everyone! It's been a little while since I was here last. I hope everyone is enjoying this nice warm weather we have been having lately. *S* It has given me the chance to fill in holes where the footings of a newly built deck (Dec 08) sit, rake up the rest of my old leaves, and plan out the gardens for this upcoming season. I am happy to report that my plans are complete and I have spent LESS than what I had hoped. I was able to get a lot of iris last year virtually for nothing, and I suspect that they will bloom incredibly well in the spring and summer.

That being said, I wanted to know if anyone has had any luck growing any varieties of trumpet vine in my area (7b), with my main question being can they be easily grown from a shoot, branch, etc. Do they need to root first then planted? Can they even grow by this method? Despite many pages of google news online I cant seem to find a definative answer. I was hoping some of the locals would know a secret or two as to how to grow them from scratch.

Thanks! Lyle

Comments (19)