SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caterwallin

More Tropical Milkweed!!!

caterwallin
16 years ago

OMG, I had even more milkweed than I even thought. I had posted before that I didn't think I'd have any more swamp milkweed, but I guess it was hard to judge until I had almost everyone's packages mailed out. I had never bothered to count it all during the summer to see how many I had and was just guessing. I see I do have swamp milkweed left, definitely enough for one person and *possibly* two people. The first person(s) to email me gets what I have left, and they are nice plants in cups. I will remove the cups, take most/some of the ground off, wrap the roots in wet papers towels, then plastic wrap over that, tape it shut so nothing leaks out, and put at least 20 in a flat rate box. Flat rate postage is $8.95, but I am asking $10 to ship them. For the two hours that it takes me to pack each person's package and all of the paper towels and tape it takes to get the plants ready to ship, I'm losing money by offering these plants. If I'd be rich, I wouldn't care, but we get by week to week. For those of you who realized this and sent extra, I thank you from the bottom of my heart because it gave me money to buy another roll of plastic wrap and more tape. I had said $9 in my other post, but I need $10, and as you all know, if you'd buy these from a company on the internet and get 20 or more plants, you'd be paying a minimum of $50 (probably more like $100) for the plants and shipping, so I don't feel like I'm asking too much, really. Even after I had hinted to someone that a little extra would be appreciated, she sent me $8.95, even less than what my post said. I didn't say anything different but wanted to see what she'd do. No, I'm not naming names.

I won't make the same mistake again next year planting all of these plants in cups only to spend two weeks of my time giving them away because I can't stand to throw them out, and my back can't take much more planting of things, so I didn't want to keep them and plant them. I'm not getting things done now outside that I want to get done because I'm mailing out plants, but that's my own fault for for not having foresight in this case. It's been a lot of work doing it all. I hate winter, but for once I'm glad when it will be here because that will give my back a rest. When it's nice, it's hard for me not to work outside.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in some swamp milkweed plants, please email me at cbrouse at gmail dot com. I really want to get these out of here next week and I like to do fast transactions. Did you ever get jerked around by someone for 2 or 3 weeks when you want to just get a transaction over with...it's not fun. I've had it happen with these where someone took so long, which put me even further behind. Sorry for griping but I've had a rough couple of weeks. Ha. Now on top of it when I will have the time to finish my planting outside, it's supposed to rain and get cooler. I might end up keeping my plants inside over the winter.

Thanks again so much to all who are giving my milkweed plants a home and a special thanks to the ones who are adding extra to cover my costs. If I'd charge only $2/hr for my time, that would bring the cost up to $14, but as long as you put in a little extra, it is really appreciated and I will include some seeds for you. One nice lady ordered two boxes and put in an extra $8. Thank you so much, and you know who you are. ;-)

The first person(s) to email me gets the swamp milkweed. If you're the lucky one(s), I will get back to you telling you that and tell you where to send the check or money order. I am very prompt sending my plants out because I think that's the courteous thing to do. Thank you, and I'm really no as grouchy as I seem in my post. Ha.

Cathy

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting