SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ralphw_gw

WANTED: Cilantro & Fennel Seed for Microgreens

Ralph Whisnant
14 years ago

I have seed of organically grown cilantro and bronze fennel that I would like to share at the Raleigh plant swap next Saturday. Both are for use in growing micro-greens and the fennel seed can be crushed and used for making tea. (Cilantro seed are sold as the spice coriander.) I planted a 10 x 20-inch plant tray with approx 1,000 cilantro seed a month ago to harvest as micro-greens. Micro-greens are supposed to be harvested just as the first true leaves start to form, but mine are now getting past that stage and are still excellent added to a mixed green salad, salsa, etc. I am also harvesting micro-greens of chinese cabbage, mizuna and some other asian greens to use to spice up lettuce and spinach salads. If you are interested, I suggest that you Google micro-greens for more information. Then if you would like enough cilantro and/or fennel seed to plant a tray (about 1/2 oz is around 900 seeds) and are coming to the Raleigh swap next weekend, please let me know. I also have some small cilantro plants in 6-cell packs that I can share for planting in the ground (They tolerate cold weather if given frost protection.) I am looking for seed of any cool weather crop. especially broccoli, if anyone has extra, but you do not need anything to trade for the above.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH