SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tracey_nj6

Whoopeeeeeee! Black Swallowtail cats!!!! I believe...

tracey_nj6
16 years ago

I'm floored! I was dilly dallying after work and was removing a spiderweb from one of my windowboxes on the railing of the deck. Below it on the floor I had a windowbox of parsley, 2 plants, in hopes of getting some swallowtail cats. One of the plants is tall and yellow; practically dead. I was going to butcher it a few weeks ago but decided to simply let it go. Well, I freaked out when I saw 2 beautiful cats on the top of it! And I mean freaked! DH couldn't understand the thrill I was experiencing; grrrrr. I immediately put it into my caterpillar cage, especially since I hadn't been able to use it due to my milkweeds being too tall for it! Although the parsley was also too tall for it, I managed to bend it to fit it in, and not have the cats resting against the screen. One was molting, and I may have disturbed it, since it immediately starting squeezing out of the old skin once I started moving the stem as to get a good pic!

So, experts that I so greatly worship, can you tell me a little about rearing these guys, or point me to a knowledgable website? I tried to Google it, but there's not too much out there that'll help me in my hour of need. Thanks for any information you can provide me with ;)

{{gwi:542701}}
{{gwi:542703}}

Comments (16)