SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
confusednewbee

HELP w/ a Lowe's N. Ventrata

confusednewbee
14 years ago

I got my new plant from Lowe's (Nepenthes Spp. hybrid) yesterday. From fiercely searching the internet all day and night I think I've determined that it's a N. Ventrata but I'm not an expert and I'm sure you guys will correct me if I'm wrong. Purchased it because they were killing it, though I have no idea how to care for it myself. I'm a bleeding heart and couldn't bear to see it suffer in that plastic container that I've seen referred to here as a 'death container' and it's pitcher was stretching forward pressing against the top and turning black. I felt sorry for the little thing. I'm just learning about gardening and plants and stuff (been reading a lot of books and scholarly articles on plants.) Anyway, I don't want to kill it!

Please help me maybe ID what it is and how to best take care of it. Is buying the book "Grow Carnivorous Plants" from the cobraplant any good?

I'm just a girl looking for answers!

Here's a few pix of it I took w/ my camerafone:

{{gwi:553533}}

{{gwi:553536}}

What should I do to revive it if it's dying? It appears to be wilting, maybe because it's out of that awful container?

Please help

Comments (11)

Sponsored