SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kittiekat_gw

RE: my carnivorous plants need HELP!

KittieKAT
9 years ago

for whatever reason when trying to post it's saying my posting titled 'my carnivorous plants need HELP!' doesn't exist anymore so I'm just answering back questions on this new forum post so we can all stay and contact and communicate further. excuse the inconvience for whatever reason?>?

I cant remember the day lights spectrum I had the damn box and of course someone thru it away grrrr...... ill have to look it up online or when I see another one in the store. currently in Salem, Ma where I live its about 45-35 degrees outside at night sometimes it gets a little cooler and If I get really worried I just bring my plants inside the house and put them under the soft white light in the living room. its a nice sunny 75-80 degree day today very humid but its a deff good change from the rainy crappy windy cold days we've been having non-stop this whole spring this year and its been usually a typical 65degrees then low 40's at night.
I grow all my plants in a peat/perlite/ silica sand CP plant blend and either put sphagnum moss on the bottom of the pot or on the top of the pot just to keep things moist, but not soaked. ive tried to grow a diff crested petiole in just long fibered sphagnum moss and it seemed to be doing fine until one day the whole thing turned black and I found gnats larva eating up the roots and then killed the whole plant :( so I decided to just stick with the basic CP mix and it seems to be doing okay so far I can notice some little traps starting to grow outta the bulb so that's a good sign.
your plants are looking beautiful! I hope mine get that way someday! I usually pic my plants by which will have the longest stalk between the leaves and the trap I just really love the look more then the lower types, must be a girl thing haha!
I decided to let my VFT bloom just cause I figured why not? I know its not an amazingly fancy bloom of anything but I figured I could prob try and grow the seeds. I'm currently 1-2 months into growing a mixed CP seed mix and a few VFT seeds I came across but so far I haven't seen much of anything happening so i'm just gonna expect the worst and hope for the best! I guess that's all I can really do since im not really a super pro at any of this. hopefully something will happen to make my efforts worth the while but if not *shrugs* what can yah do?!?

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor