SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daniellalell

Finally Got Rain, But..Waaaaahh!!

daniellalell
15 years ago

Hallelujah, Hallelujah, we got rain, we got rain, lol..we finally got rain after 2 weeks of complete dryness. Everything that wasnt in a pot was looking like absolute crap. Rained all night, yay! BUT..it knocked EVERY single bud I had off of my brugs. Even knocked off all 4 on Chantilly Lace. I think there may be one teeny tiny one left on her, but it's hard to tell since its so small, and they are SOOO fuzzy. My luck it's probably a leaf.

Have some broken dahlias too..but I can deal with that!

Some of the smaller brugs are so heavy with rain and beaten down from the hard rains that they are all leaning down trying to kiss the soil. I'll go out in a bit and stake them up to help them till they are strong enough again to stand on their own. In my experience so far, if I leave them like they are they take alot longer to stand up, with some assistance from the stakes it's usually within 24 hrs they are upright on their own. O poo..I can't believe all my buds are gone. I had quite a few babies that had quite a few buds comin along. now nothing. CRAP! I'm jonesin for blooms now that the fake CP's blooms are done. ooo I forgot to check if her new buds were still holding..I doubt it.

Do you all think they'll put out more buds right away to replace the lost ones, or will it take awhile? I'm worried I wont see any more blooms now this year.

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County