SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alyss_gw

Pur Filtered water OK for Sarracenia?

Alyss
17 years ago

Hi,

I've searched this forum and found mixed recommendations on using Brita filtered water for watering my sarracenia...I have a 'Pur Ultra' cartridge filtration system. Anyone have any experience with using this water for their Carnivorous plants? Is it the same concept?

Or, would I be better off using Arrowhead Spring or distilled water? (I have pond water as well, but have done a salt treatment recently, so probably not a good idea to use it on plants)

Thanks for any input!!! Here's how Pur filter claims to work:

-------------------------------

PUR® Water Filtration System

Fits all PUR® Faucet Systems and DELTA® Simply PUR Faucets*.

It's our Ultimate in water filtration, Reduces Heavy metals (lead and Mercury), Chlorine (taste and odor), Benzene, MTBE and TTHMs to provide clean, healthy, great tasting water.

The 3 Stage Filter, our ultimate in filtration and a crisp, refreshing taste removes 99.99% microbial cysts, cryptosporidium and Giardia that can cause gastrointestinal illnesses such as diarrhea, vomiting, cramps.

How it Works:

Stage one: Added layer to trap sediment

Stage two: Contaminant removal by activated Carbon Microfilter

Stage three: filtered over natural minerals for a crisp, refreshing taste

Leaves beneficial fluoride in the water.

Great Value and Convenience - Easy-to-change replacement filter provides up to 100 gallons (approximately 2-3 months) of quality water right from your tap. PUR offers the quality of bottles water for a fraction of the cost.

30 day money back guarantee. At PUR we have a passion for clean, healthy, great tasting water. So, if you are not fully satisfied within 30 days, PUR will return your money, no questions asked.

NSF International, a nationally recognized not-for-profit agency for the certification of water filters, has tested and certified this product to reduce the following list of contaminants. Products with the NSF mark are certified to pass a series of stringent independent tests.

NSF Replacement Element Tested and Certified by NSF International against ANSI/NSF Standard 53 in model numbers FM-4010 L, FM-4200 L, FM-4500 L, FM-4600 B, FM-4800B, FM-4700 L, FM-4900 L and FM-4300 L for the reduction of 2,4-D, 2,4,5-TP (Silvex), Asbestos, Atrazine, Alachlor, Benzene, Carbofuran, Carbon Tetrachloride, Chlordane, Cysts, Endrin, Ethylbenzene, Heptachlor Epoxide, Lead, Lindane, Monochlorobenzene, MTBE, Methoxychlor, Mercury, O-dichlorobenzene, Tetrachloroethene, Trichloroethene, Trihalomethanes, Toluene, Toxaphene, Turbidity Simazine, and Styrene and Standard 42 for Chlorine Taste & Odor reduction, and Nominal Particulate Reduction Class I.

The contaminants or other substances removed or reduced by this water filter are not necessarily in all users' water.

For more information or questions regarding this product, call 1-800-PUR-LINE (1-800-787-5463

Here is a link that might be useful: My Pond

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus