SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bob123how

Nepenthes Alata (maybe) repotting

17 years ago

I am a compulsive plant buyer. It's getting expensive. I got a Nep. alata today from a local nursery but I've read posts and it may not be. Regardless, it is hanging on the stand my lights are attached to next to a south facing window. It has 9 good looking medium sized pitchers, 1 HUGE pitcher, 3 that are slowly crisping from the top, and 1 that has yet to open.

In the window, it won't get any direct light, as it is too high and there is an overhang on the roof, but it will get indirect daylight all day long... Do I need to add a CFL?

It can get up to 90 degrees in my room in the middle of the summer, but I have a ceiling fan on all day and an oscilalting fan on the lights/pitchers will it overheat? (RH is b/w 40-60%)

The potting mix is dry and compacted. I think I need to repot, but an afraid I will destroy the plant. I watered it but the roots aren't sitting in water. I have LFS, but my perlite has fertilizer addded, so I can't use that..., but what should I use? And finally... when repotting, do I need to physically take all of the old medium out and off of the roots, or can I just knock off the excess mix, and then just plop the whole thing into the new mix? If that makes any sense. Thanks a lot

Comments (7)

Sponsored