SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susan_222

Brug or Datura?

susan_222
14 years ago

My husband frequently works at and around abandoned homes. He recently brought me home a large section of a plant with a root ball that was growing at a house he was working at and I have no idea what it is.

He said that it was in a border along the front side of a house and there was a very large amount of it growing there. From the way he described it I thought it may be an angels trumpet because I had seen one earlier this year at a crafts fair.

The plant is stalky and did have large yellow flowers. I have no idea which way they pointed as the plant had wilted in the heat by the time he got it home, I thought it wasn't going to make it because it was looking pretty bad because it was really hot that day, but I put it in a large pot in the yard and although it hasn't flowered again the leaves have perked up a bit and the stalks are still green. The seed pods which are spiny and about the size of a golf ball are busting open and seeds are going everywhere.

I tried to get more information and I asked him if the flowers were pointed downward but he doesn't remember exactly, he thought they were pointed outward.

Any help identifying this plant would be helpful, I know I should post a picture but I do not have access to a camera as my son borrowed it. Anything I should look for? Any possibly way of getting it to bloom again?

Thanks for any help,

Susan

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor