SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
txgrdngal

Oh my gosh - I need answers NOW before Ike strikes.

backyardmama
15 years ago

Hi,I hope one of you experts sees this and responds asap. I had a few Black Swallowtail cats over the last few months and only one crysalis that I found. A couple of weeks ago a BST was apparently laying eggs, but I could only find a couple. Three days ago I found a couple of cats and this morning I was admiring how much they had grown and was contemplating on whether to bring them inside, when lo and behold I discovered that my fennel is COVERED with cats of all sizes (what do you call the stages?) I mean there are at least 50 on my 3 fennel plants. The problem is that Hurricane Ike is going to deliver Tropical Storm force winds and rain to the DFW area in a few hours. Is there anything I can/should do? If I don't hear from anyone, I guess I will bring in at least half, but how much fennel should I bring in? Where do I cut it? Another problem is that I cut my fennel back to about 18 -24 inches several weeks ago. The good news is that I have a lot of new healthy growth. I don't want to sound ignorant, but I AM - duh! I would love to experience the joy I have seen on this forum. Please advise me as to what I can do in the next couple of hours.

Comments (6)

Sponsored