SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindacatherine_gw

BST wings crumpled

lindacatherine
14 years ago

I knew my BST was going to eclose today and I knew he'd have to stay inside because it's raining out today. But this morning...of all mornings...I awoke with a migraine. I took my migraine meds and waited it out.

About an hour later, headache still going strong, I wandered around the house and saw the BST had eclosed, but he wasn't on the stick or any of the mesh netting. I guess he had fallen right away, he was at the bottom of the tank flat on his back and stuck to the glass bottom.

I coaxed him up and he is now hanging from the metal mesh top of the tank. But he's screwed, wings are a total mess.

I have a butterfly garden. I can take him out during the day and monitor him, then bring him back inside and "juice-sponge" feed him. I can't bring it upon myself to deep freeze the little guy. It's not his fault. I wasn't there for him :( Since he was born in captivity, so to speak, he's not aware of what he is missing -- except that he's not going to get snatched by a bird right away.

Has anyone ever kept their deformed butterflies? (ones that are not diseased of course)

Comments (7)

Sponsored