SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanlynne48

What Do You Do in The Winter?

susanlynne48
12 years ago

This is for those of us who experience a "true" winter, with cold temps and precipitation in the form of ice or that fluffy white stuff.

So far, I don't do much, and it makes for a pretty boring long spell. In early spring, I do spend time planning what flowers I am going to plant and/or purchase, seeds, etc.

I pretty much have an idea of what I am going to do, and while that can change a bit, it probably won't change much. I am going to lean toward the single flowering Zinnias, and the Cosmic Orange Cosmos will be back. No getting around the fact that the butterflies and bees love it. I am planning on expanding my annual bed out front to accommodate more Zinnias, Cosmos, and Golden Crownbeard. I have really nice stands of the GC this year, and it is such an attractive plant, too. Am also going to grow some Verbena bonariensis in and among the annuals so I have more of it. The Buckeyes LOVE this plant as do others, but the Buckeyes tend to only choose the VB when they come to the garden.

This will probably be my last year of gardening for the butterflies, so I want to go out with a bang!

I also read a lot, and I hope to hang my bird feeder this year again so I have something to watch outside the window.

But I tend to be very inactive, putting on weight - OH, NO! - and I hate that!

Please share your winter time activities with me, and hopefully I'll get some ideas.

Susan

Comments (19)

Sponsored