SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beetsrgood

Should I transplant these lithops seedlings?

beetsRgood
9 years ago

This is my first time growing lithops from seed! I have a bunch of very healthy (I think) mixed lithops seedlings, about 6 months old, though I did get new sprouts for quite a while so I suppose that some are younger. The largest ones are about 4mm across, and most are smaller. Some have started to put out their second leaves which is quite exciting to see along with all the colors developing! I'm surprised at how many have made it since this is my first time.

I'm concerned that there are some very tight clusters, and I'm wondering if it is worth the risk to transplant those so they have more space. Any advice on this? I'd rather not risk hurting them, however I also don't see how they can keep growing all smashed together like that. The photo shows a portion of the 6" terra cotta pot that I sprouted them in.

So far I'm growing them indoors under daylight bulbs with 12hrs of light per day. How long can I grow them this way? I'm pretty hesitant about moving them outside since there are so many other variables out there and they seem so happy in here.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH