SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ams2009

Egg/hatchling on Satsuma Orange leaf, not eating!! Help!!

ams2009
14 years ago

Okay, the little hatchling ate all of his egg casing, but has not yet started to eat any of the leaf, is this normal sometimes? I am not sure what to do, I put another leaf in there just incase the other was too "old" and not new/tender growth. I am amazed that he hatched, i am so glad I saw the egg on the leaves that i had cut from the tree, I really hope he makes it! I went to take the "egg" out of the container as soon as I got home (30 min after i found the egg) and saw what looked like a little "tail" sticking out of the egg, and I was like "Oh my goodness, it hatched in the car on the way home". I hope that he was on his correct host tree, he doesn't look like the other GST hatchling I saw a few days ago, he is so much lighter, and bigger. I don't know how to encourage him to start eating the leaf, he is on it, and he is looking around, i have other leaves close by him too. Do they sometimes take a break for a while after they eat their egg casing? Or should they start eating from the leaf as soon as they finish the egg casing?

Comment (1)

Sponsored