SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
banjoman_gw

Help with Cape Sundews

banjoman
18 years ago

All 4 of my Cape Sundews have suddenly taken a drastic turn for the worse. They had all had nice dew and healthy leaves. Now they all have no dew and they are rapidly turning brown and drying up. The brown is starting on the outside of all leaves and progressing inward.

All of the plants are grown on a 2-layered windowsill in Long Island. My problem is that I don't know if they need to be closer to the window to get more light, or farther from the window to avoid exposure to cold. I have recently moved them between the windowsill close to the window, and a windowsill a foot and a half away from the window, and I'm not sure which is preferred. We just had a very cold week last week, so this is likely to be the issue. They have all had consistent water in their trays, so I don't think water is a problem. I suppose my use of dehumidifier water is another factor to consider.

Interestingly, all of my other sundews (Adelade, Alicia, Spatula, etc.) on the same windowsills are doing (and dewing) wonderfully. The problem is specifically with the Cape Sundews.

I'm surprised at how quickly my favorite Cape Sundew turned brown and took a turn for the worse. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jon

Comments (18)

Sponsored