SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mboston_gw

Reaction to Wild Lime

mboston_gw
15 years ago

This evening I noticed some raised red blotches on my arms and legs. Now I do have allergies and have had a couple of episodes of hives that I could never relate to anything I had eaten or touched. However, I got to thinking that when I had my allergy tests run about 8 years ago, the doctor said I had a secondary reaction to oranges. I thought it was kinda funny cause I normally eat a tangerine every day when they are in season here. The secondary reaction did not show up the day of the testing but on the next day when I had to go back in.

Back to the rash - I am wondering if I am having a reaction to handling the Wild Lime that I am feeding my Giant Swallowtails. Its not the first time I have handled it but since I have 10 of them now, I am handling it everyday and more of it. Being that it was just a secondary reaction, maybe it has taken this long to show up.

I have taken a Benadryl capsule and a half dose of the liquid - its not getting worse so far - I do have an Epi-pen as required by my allergy doctor just in case.

Has anyone had a reaction like this to Wild Lime? I recall Tdogmom having one to Rue and I have since been careful when handling it.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Preferred Architectural Firm | Best of Houzz Winner