SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hawks1282

Aloe Vera Propagation

hawks1282
16 years ago

I have an Aloe Vera plant that I've had for the past two years. I got it in college and I have been surprised at how well it's been doing (I'm generally very, very bad with plants, I have a Juniper Bonzai that is on its last legs so to speak, but that's another story). Anyway, the aloe has been sending up new leaves every few weeks. I would like to propogate this plant, but it has never sent off any pups, and has definitly never flowered. As I understand it, the pups won't appear until the plant has become pot bound. I've repotted it twice since I got it and the last time I put it in a pot much larger than it needed, so I don't think it will be pot bound for a while.

I wanted to know if it is possible to grow aloe from a leaf cutting. I've seen the same number of sites saying this is possible, as I've seen that say it is impossible. Has anyone gotten this to work and if so can you post how it was done?

Also, how long does it usually take for an Aloe to begin to send off pups. Is there any way to encourage this process?

Thanks for your help.

Comments (4)