SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
central_cali369

First Brug bloom of the year!

Central_Cali369
14 years ago

I've already shared with Elizabeth and others might have seen the photos, but here's the post anyway. This is my first brug bloom of the year. It's a Georgia Peach that Elizabeth sent me this spring. It's been dealing with drought and our desert heat so it's pretty beat up. It should really green up and bloom heavier in the fall, so i'll keep my eyes out for more blooms. Here are the pics. The fourth pic shows my Frosty Pink also not too happy.

{{gwi:510433}} {{gwi:510436}} {{gwi:510438}} {{gwi:510440}}

And here are some more pics from around my place:

Spathyphyllum blooms. These are in deep shade. The green plastic wrapped around the trunk of the tree fern is to hold some bromeliads in place on the other side.

{{gwi:518009}}

Rock Purslane, along with an unknown Aloe (probably Saponaria or a hybrid)

{{gwi:46250}}

Some late bloomers on the pomagranate tree.

{{gwi:518013}}

These next two are Erica Mamossa. A south african native, that like many other South African plants finds itself at home in our climate.

{{gwi:518015}}

{{gwi:518019}}

A new Aloe Marlothii waiting to go into the ground. With this one, there are a total of 4 A. Marlothii and 3 A. Ferox in my yard. I think I might have overdone it! These suckers get huge! woops!

{{gwi:518022}}

Arbutus "Marina" -- A native of CA. Notice the leaves are burned on this one too.

{{gwi:518024}}

Callistemon Citrinus, a hummingbird favorite

{{gwi:518026}}

A messy, but beautiful Princess flower bush (tibouchina). It's not drought tolerant so this one is on the east side of the house and only gets sun until about noon.

{{gwi:518028}}

Another Aloe Marlothii (Mountain tree aloe) and a blooming Oleander.

{{gwi:518030}}

A mejesty palm, and a baby washingtonia robusta volunteer just to the right of it.

{{gwi:518032}}

A close up of a Tibouchina flower. I just love the color of these.

{{gwi:518033}}

And another shade lover - kentia palm (Howea Forsteriana) sending out another frond.

{{gwi:518035}}

Comments (8)