SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flwrs4ever

OT: Happy 4th of July to you all !

flwrs4ever
15 years ago

Just wanted to wish you all a very Happy 4th of July, and to thank any Veterans, veterans families, or active duty service men/women. I am so thankful I live in a free country, and appreciate all those that keep us safe.

So, how are you celebrating ?

I live in Bristol RI, that claims to be the most patriotic town. They have the longest running 4th of July parade.This will be the 223rd year. Flag day starts off our festivities..we have a soap box derby,concerts on the town common each night from flag day till the 4th. They consist of rock, country, jazz, military bands, and draw about a thousand people or more a night. They have a Little Miss, and Miss 4th of July pageant. A ball for the pageant winners, town officals, parade cheif marshall..and residents. We actually have a red, white and blue line instead of a double yellow going thru the town, that they have repainted each year, a week before the parade. The fire hydrants are painted red, white and blue. They ask that all homes fly a flag, but most families here decorate more then you see at Christmas. There is fireworks, and the parade of course. The parade last year had 300,000 people in attendence. Id love to hear how you will be celebrating the 4th. I may be attending the parade, as it is my daughters 16th birthday, which makes this year very special. She is as excited as a small kid..LOL Then we will be going to and from houses that are having cookouts, and then family and friends will come here for ice cream cake in the evening.

Have a wonderful 4th of July, and thanks so much for allowing me to be a part of this forum, I enjoy coming here each day to see what everyone is doing ..even if I dont add much. Be safe !

Kym

Comments (10)