SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loribee2

Not sweating this rain.

loribee2
12 years ago

Why?

Because I pulled up this photo of my veggie garden at exactly this same time last year. While I don't have any close-ups, those torrid little plants in the foreground were my tomatoes at the first week of June:

{{gwi:538258}}

So small you can't even see them are the peppers I planted last year. At about this time last year, each plant had maybe two good leaves.

While bell peppers in Rohnert Park borderline on fantasy, I did end up getting a few. Enough so that I actually tried them again this year.

And despite this cold, rainy spring here is my 2011 comparison:

{{gwi:538259}}

{{gwi:538261}}

I was actually pretty surprised to see my tomatoes and peppers are way ahead of last year. Granted, last year was my first year ever growing from seed and I corrected some mistakes. But when I remind myself that even the sad little plants in the top picture ended up looking like this come August:

{{gwi:9086}}

I'm not too worried.

I'm staying positive that this is the last of our rainy spring weather. That next week, the sun is going to come out as forecasted, and all these plants that have been so patiently handling it with thrive.

And in the meantime, I'm going to continue enjoying my peas and cabbage:

{{gwi:538262}}

I'm wondering if anyone else has compared this year's garden to last, and how your results are looking so far.

Here is a link that might be useful: loribees garden blog

Comments (12)