SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marymilkweed

I've Got White Peacocks!

marymilkweed
15 years ago

Boy, do I have the White Peacocks! I purchased a Water Hyssop from a local nursery knowing I was getting "a few" White Peacock cats. There was a cloud of White Peacocks swarming the plants, what great advertisement! The cats are black and like to hide down inside the plant so there was no telling how many cats I had. The first two eclosed today, I have 15 chrysalises, and I had to go buy another plant today since the cats had chewed the stems to within 1/4" from the base. The plants from the same nursery, were down to just stems, all the leaves gone, and so they discounted the price, more cats included, free of charge. The White Peacock is a very pretty butterfly and easy to raise. Their chrysalis is a miniature of the Monarch's, I will post a picture later along with some shots of the adult. They range most of Florida and Southern Texas and along the coast of Georgia and South & North Carolina.

Sandy, I noticed the White Peacock isn't listed on your Released Butterfly list, so this will be a new addition. I will give a total at the end of August, by then I hope to have them all released!

On my way out of the nursery, I walked past the Dutchman's Pipe Vines and a hugh Gold Rim cat flagged me down. I named him "Brutus". I already had three Gold Rim's at home, what's another mouth to feed?

Mary

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus