SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rialira

should I be worried?

rialira
14 years ago

uhh.

so I read the post about late blight (thanks for the heads up, daniella!) and I'm looking at my plants and um... maybe I should ask the experts. forgive the long and rambling post!

{{gwi:515864}}

this is on my super nova. it was growing kind of weirdly into the trunk of another brug until I moved it just now, which explains a little of the stem irregularity, but I wanted to throw it here and make sure it's not something else that coincidentally struck that weird part of the plant.

{{gwi:515865}}

I think this is just the double strength sun shining on the leaves causing this - it reflects off the big windows on the south side of my house and burns holes into just about anything living. but if it looks like something strange, someone let me know!

{{gwi:515866}}

my poor tomato seedlings. I started them at the end of FEBRUARY and this weather just destroyed them. all of that growth happened indoors in little tiny seed starter trays. I moved them outside and they just HALTED. I'm wondering if this looks like late blight to anyone, because that'd be a lot more more than salt in the wound of a terrible season :P

{{gwi:515867}}

another shot of the seedlings. the only thing green in there is the freaking weeds. and see those poor lettuce stumps? demolished by a woodchuck while I was in florida for a week visiting my father. UP ON THE DECK and the little son of a b had the nerve to come up here. this is the worst summer EVER. lol.

{{gwi:515868}}

I'm really not liking the looks of this one. whole tomato leaves are just kind of wilting and turning brown and flopping. these are from the little tomato plants barry gave me cause he couldn't take care of them. up until this point they've been doing absolutely stellar. I'm more than a bit concerned.

{{gwi:515869}}

you can't really get a good sense of scale - the one on the right is about 11 feet tall or so, and the one on the left is still about half a foot taller than me. but look at these sorry things :P the sun came out for half an hour and they're complaining. it doesn't matter how much water I give them, they wilt in the sun. that's how horrible the weather's been here. my uncle came to visit this past week, and he lives about two hours west. he says the weather's been pretty crap, but not like it is in connecticut - there's just clouds and ick pinwheeling over the state. I hate this place.

anyway, done rambling! if anyone sees anything alarming or noteworthy, please let me know!

Ria

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting