SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bettyd_z7_va

Our Visit to Camelot (pics)

bettyd_z7_va
12 years ago

We just got home from spending the weekend with Mike (mcronin) in Camelot.

His garden is what I want mine to be when it grows up.

We started the weekend yesterday by attending the local Tomato Festival where all the funds raised went to Mike's Wife Karen's Memorial Fund. (She passed away suddenly in Feb.)

She was VERY active in many of the local charities and was loved by so many in their community. It was a huge success and her Memorial Fund will help many people over the years to come.

I took so many pictures in their garden later yesterday afternoon and this morning and thought I would share just a few at a time. Remember, I'm not that accomplished when it comes to taking pictures, yet.

{{gwi:530040}}

Isn't the Pipevine Swallowtail AWESOME? They were all over the Glory Bower trees.

{{gwi:530041}}

The Monarchs are just starting their fall visit. I hope to go back when they are there in force.

{{gwi:530042}}

They really love the Mexican Sunflowers.

{{gwi:530043}}

It wasn't until I was uploading the pictures that I saw something other than a bug in this picture. Is that a Monarch egg on the left side of this leaf? I hope so, because I brought home a leaf with a similar looking egg on it, hoping to raise a Monarch.

{{gwi:530044}}

The Tigers were the most plentiful.

There was a gentle rain during the night and some of the raindrops were still there this morning.

{{gwi:530045}}

I can't wait to go back with my camera. It is HEAVENLY there!

Betty

Comments (25)

Sponsored