SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
northerner_on

Hapy New Year...Happy Gardening

northerner_on
13 years ago

Hello everyone: It's been quite some time since Ive been on the forum. For one thing my computer has been acting up, and then there have been other family issues to deal with. I still managed to have a fairly 'fruitful' garden this summer, having branched out into several pepper varieties, melons, and squash which did quite well. I even had some of my own squash for Christmas dinner. Now the new year is here and I have already collected my catalogues which I will be searching for new things to plant. I plan to re-plant quite a few areas in my flower gardens, but just a glance at most catalogues shows so many hybrids. I like to plant natives and heirlooms, so I can save and trade seeds. I did not save many seeds this year, but will soon be updating my seed lists, and I hope most of you have done the same so I have make some trades. I have come to love Columbine, but never seem to get around to saving the seeds, so I'm always on the look-out for more.

Here's wishing everyone and happy and peaceful 2011, and may your Winter Sowing be successful and rewarding.

Northerner.

Comments (11)

Sponsored