SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hosenemesis

I have run out of room

hosenemesis
11 years ago

I am a frustrated gardener. I have all of these ideas for beautiful beds, but I have run out of room. Someone should invent a virtual reality game like Fantasy Football, but with plants. This is what I want today, after going to nurseries and driving past people's pretty yards.

I want a gold and purple-blue bed with sea statice, gold daylilies and coreopsis, Cosmos 'Bright Lights' and 'Recurring Dream' tall bearded iris. Golden arborvitae and Springtime Viburnum in the background. 'Crystal Palace' lobelia for groundcover.

I want a blue, yellow and white bed with a huge overgrown Cape Plumbago in the background, bright yellow roses like my Henry Fonda, the yellow iris 'That's All Folks' and the blue ones 'Cascadian Rhythm' and 'Victoria Falls,' blue Marguerite daisies, white Shasta or African daisies, and white and yellow yarrow. With dark green myrtle, and a twelve foot tall 'Heavenly Blue' morning glory teepee.

I want a pink, magenta, and peach bed filled with roses and pelargoniums. I want dark cerise-magenta roses like 'Zepherine Drouhin' and dark pink/red roses like Twilight Zone or Darcey Bussell mixed with pale pale pinks like Climbing Eden, with the dainty ivy geraniums in white and pink and dark cerise-magenta, and the big fat Martha Washington pelargoniums in peach. I want lots of magenta and white dianthus for ground cover and clear lovely peach roses like 'Heaven on Earth' and pale complicated roses like 'Ginger Syllabub' and 'Gloire de Dijon.'

What do you want today?

Renee

Comments (15)