SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
edie_h

I think I'm paranoid...

13 years ago

And my cannas are in the garbage. (Not the band Garbage, but set out for yard waste pickup in the morning.)I just pulled my green-leafed cannas, since after reviewing this forum and the links to Hart's, etc, they really looked virused to me. And they were just getting ready to flower. :-( Pic below.

This is my first year growing cannas. Starts were given to me by my local cooperative extension staff. The staffers said they had had virused cannas in the past, destroyed them, and started fresh. My cannas were divisions of last year's batch which they said was "clean." The cannas looked OK at first and then got progressively more streaky and speckled. Could flying bugs have spread this from the raggedy, brown-striped cannas in front of a house two streets away?

I had four NOID green leaf/red flower, and still have four NOID bronze leaf/red flower. The greens were dwarfs so I had planted them right in front of the bronzes. I know it's harder to tell if bronzes have the virus, but they look healthy to me at the moment. I pulled the greens in the hope that the bronzes are uninfected and will remain so.

Think I should pull the bronzes, too?

Here is a link that might be useful: canna I just pulled

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery