SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovelyiris

Epson Salt, How Much, How often?

lovelyiris
15 years ago

Hey I've been giving my banana tree some epson salt and it loved it. But I don't know how much and how often I should give it some.

Do ya'll also give the epson salt to your brugs? I never have but I will if I need to.

I have to say that all of my brugs are REALLY looking GOOD. Some of them are already about 4ft tall. I've had lots of blooms, but I've also had some drop their buds. I figured the heat probably had something to do with it.

All in all I'm proud as punch of all the brugs I got from all you fine people. I only have 2 doubles so some of you with the doubles need to put me down on your list for cuttings this fall. (LOL)

I do have a pink noid that has HUGE blooms. They are nearly twice as big as all the others and they themselves are pretty darn big. I wish I knew who and where I got it from. All I can say is it's one of my favorites.

Do any of you use milk jugs with pin holes in them to water your brug plants with? I have been mixing a little plant food in the jug and then filling it up with water and then the water and fertilizer slowly feeds the plants.

Of course these milk jugs are not very pretty, but if I know I'm going to have company I just gather them up and toss them in the shed until I need to use them again. LOL

I also have some big kitty litter jugs that I water my dogwoods with. For me it's just easier to water all these little hoglets this way.

What are your thoughts and what works best for you?

Happy Gardening, Marian

Comments (6)