SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shadygardenerzone6

&!?# Wrong plant label! What now! Help with name

shadygardenerzone6
18 years ago

Last year I bought from C. Tire 6 Verbascum Chaixii Album on the clearance table $1/1 gallon pot, figured what the heck if it doesn't live I enjoyed it for the season, and will get an extra pot and mix in some other soil in with my sandy soil. 4 out of the 6 came up not bad, can live with that. Made sure they were getting full 100% sun, couldn't figure why it would look so tired, give it a drink and provide some shade and it would perk back up. Well the flower stalk/bloom is just opening up and I don't know what it is! The flowers are too tiny to match the pictures I've seen, even my DH says "that ain't it"

Flowers are really tiny and a light lilac colour with light/med green narrow foliage that goes all the way up and then the tip is the flower (Sure wish I had a digital camera). About 20" high. Really pretty, but not what I was expecting. Can anyone help me with the identity of this plant. I have a feeling that this particular plant doesn't like full sun and that I need to think about moving it ASAP.

I'm think it might be a veronica speedwell, but can't find any in light lilac colour, they all seem to be more blue/purple and a whole lot darker.

I guess this is the reason it's buyer beware when you buy off the clearance table. I'm thinking that my mystery plant went to seed on the verbascum that I bought. Oh well I like the surprise I got and still I got 4 good size plants for $6.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nett

Comments (4)