SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bug_girl

Starbucks won't give coffee grounds Bay Area

bug_girl
14 years ago

I have been getting Coffee grounds from Starbucks for years, but slowly each store I frequently has decided not to give any coffee grounds. They no longer put them in foil bags, because people did not pick them up fast enough. They won't let me have them when I come into the store. They ask to call ahead and I do, then they pretend I never called. They ask me "find another Starbucks". I am very discouraged. Are they any friendly bay area Starbucks that give coffee ground? I know it's a lot of work to put them in little bags, but all they had to do was throw them out after a few days so they did not perish. I can also take the drip grounds the paper will compost. I am also going to ask on the Compost forum, but that is national, so I thought I would ask here if anyone knows where to get them. I live in San Francisco. I also contacted Starbucks on Twitter @ and they did not reply. I would actually rather pay them for the coffee grounds then have to put up with all of this nonsense. The Daly City Starbucks throw the grounds in with the trash and it goes to landfills. They should at least compost them in the green bins.

Comments (23)