SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plaz_2008

Camellia Problems

plaz_2008
16 years ago

I have a Camellia plant which has most of its flowers and buds turning brown and falling off.

In addition some of the leaves are turning dark brown from the tip of the leaves going about halfway toward the stem. The backs of those leaves have little black spots imbedded in the leaves about one eighth of an inch in diameter. There is nothing loose nor do I feel the spots on the back of the leaves when I rub them.

A few leaves show signs of having been eaten partly away.

A second plant, located east of the first one, in the same bed has the same symptons but not as bad. A third plant, located east of the second plant, in the same bed has no blooms yet but it is very healthy. The 3 Camellias are different species. There is a wall behind the south side of the plants and the third plant is in more shade.

I had just modified my irrigation system by installing a drip irrigation system in this bed and watered the camellias the first time with the drip for 3 minutes a day for 10 days, then shut off the irrigation for 10 days and restarted it for 10 minutes once a week. It just today irrigated its first 10 minutes.

What do you suppose is wrong with my camellias? It looks like there is more than one problem. Sun may be part of the problem but not all of it.

Comments (7)