SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladobe

Bye-Bye BF Fly By�

ladobe
12 years ago

Hi folks,

Thought I�d do a fly by after about a 6-7 month hiatus. It�s been an interesting few months with even more added to my plate, but I�m OK with that, gives me something new to do. At least I�m not fertilizing the soil, and instead leaving foot prints on it 3 times a day, changed my diet, lost some weight and have more energy than I�ve had for years. I�m not ready to try to out walk a lady friend neighbor yet, but I�m working on it.

I�ve been helping a friend on the forum plan a trip to one of my favorite lep places in this country, so the leps have been on my mind the last few weeks. It was fun to help out� gave me the chance to reminisce, look through my slides and read through my field journals of those trips. The trip will be late for a normal year, but apparently the season is way late there this year, so it ought to be a great trip with many new species for them to see.

Lep wise, around here they have been almost entirely absent this year. Maybe a couple of dozen individuals total representing 6-7 species is all, and the first of them to finally show was 2-3 months late. Our very long and cold spring with almost daily yo-yo temps that could swing 50 degrees in day time highs, and no rain, set back all the plants as well, and few have recovered or set flowers. So there is nothing here for them anyway.

All for now, I�m meeting my lady friend for a walk around the neighborhood at 2AM, so have to go. I�ll check back though.

Larry

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Industry Leading General Contractors in Pickerington