SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoosierquilt

Screening Tree/Bush Suggestion Along Fence

I have an area down in the lower part of my yard where I'm going to need to put some screening plantings, to help provide some privacy between my yard and my neighbor's. Their pool cabana is almost right up against our fence, and I would like to give them some privacy. This area can get pretty wet, as it is where all the water from the upper part of my lot drains down to, via two large swales that circle down. And, it gets a fair amount of shade as well, due to a large canopy of Empress trees and several large Queen palms. I am considering some variety of Escallonia and Podocarpus henkelli 'Icee Blue'. My landscaper wants to use a Ficus, but not sure what variety, as that's pretty important, since may Ficus in our area can get HUGE and have pretty invasive roots. Any other nice screening plants that have interesting foliage, maybe even a flower (not mandatory but a plus), tolerate wet roots and shade, and provide a good screen against a cyclone fence? Several varieties in groupings would be great, since I've got a pretty long way to cover - about 90'.

Patty S.

Comments (11)