SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mitanoff_gw

Mail order plants - my experiences

mitanoff
14 years ago

This was my first year buying plants through the mail.

I ordered from:

--Brecks

--Veseys

--Botanus

--Lindenberg

(Yeah, I went sort of crazy).

Brecks and Lindenberg made substitutions for me. I didn't like any of them.

Brecks has refunded the money. .or so they said. I haven't seen it yet.

I have only just informed Lindenberg that I would like a refund for the subs they made.

A few things from this experience:

1. Unless it's really special, I will not order mail order plants again.

__a. Almost everything I ordered, I could find in various stores locally.

__b. the size and maturity of the local plants far outweigh the $2 or $3 difference in the cost of ordering by mail. For example: I ordered a daylily from botanus and got 1 fan. I bought locally and although the price was a little higher, it was freshly dug, huge plant, large root system, and had about 3-4 fans on it.

__c. One has to be prepared to pot up and store the mail order stuff until ready for outside or get ready for either dried out or rotted plants.

2. I would order bulbs again

3. I got a gift from a friend from "ttseeds" and they had the biggest bulbs (with an attached root system and scales falling off) of all 4 of the places that I ordered from. I'm new to this, but I think that's good!

2. Wondering what the general policy is of stores that do a replacement without informing you? Do they require that you return the plant? Do they generally refund the money?

Anyway, thought this might help anyone who has not ordered through the mail before and is thinking about it.

Comments (14)