SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mark4321_gw

OT: Non-Brugmansia Pictures

mark4321_gw
13 years ago

Hi,

I don't follow this forum enough to know whether this is done regularly, but I thought a post of peoples' non-Brugmansia flowers might be interesting. So here are a few of my recent blooms.

Most of these were just posted on the Passiflora forum, unfortunately not too many people followed up with their own stuff. Hopefully it will be different here.

I guess I could start with a couple Passifloras, then:

P. loefgrenii (a really great plant, bought at Strybing):

{{gwi:490535}}

P. edulis 'Nancy Garrison' (from Grassy Knoll Exotics):

{{gwi:490536}}

I think I just got pollination of the P. edulis with the P. loefgrenii.

Isopogon formosus (Protea family, from UC Santa Cruz Arboretum):

{{gwi:490537}}

Calandrina spectabilis (from Flora Grubb Nursery, San Francisco):

{{gwi:490538}}

Cuphea cyanea (also from Flora Grubb):

{{gwi:490539}}

Fucshia boliviana Alba (from Annie's Annuals and Perennials). These are the first flowers:

{{gwi:490540}}

Today it's on the second set of flowers. You can see the top flowers have faded and one has dropped, leaving a fruit (which is supposed to taste good when ripe). The inflorescence continues to elongate as buds open. There are quite a few--I count over 20. The entire inflorescence, from beginning of the peduncle to lowest buds, is about 13 inches long. So far.

{{gwi:490541}}

Arislolochia trilobata (plant from a local friend). These are still buds. The largest one is close and should open soon:

{{gwi:490542}}

Echium wildpretii (seeds from J.L. Hudson). This plant can get 10+ feet tall, this one is only 6 feet tall. About 10,000 flowers (very roughly) open on the inflorescence. It just finished blooming and I'm waiting for the seeds to ripen.

{{gwi:490544}}

A closeup of the 1/2 inch or so flowers;

{{gwi:490545}}

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!