SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
givelittle_getlots

OT: POTD : Callas - Zinnfadel

givelittle_getlots
14 years ago

I want to wish you all a very special good morning.

With this:

{{gwi:485909}}From Picture of the day, May 2009

My very first Callas that I grew. It is Zinnfadel and started to bloom yesterday in the afternoon. Took this picture 5 minutes ago. It is 4 am roflmao

Now you ask yourself...4 am? You could blame it on the moon. Or that I fell asleep early while watching TV. Woke up in my clothes still on lol

Hope that this day will hold something very special for you also.

Just in case it doesn't. That's why I came along with this special shot for you. Hope you enjoyed it also.

Lucy

Comments (13)

• siam_cannas
    14 years ago

Nice calla Lucy!

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Siam did you ever see the thread were I thanked you for the suprise seeds?

With having this new computer and setting it up, I do not remember if I wrote you a mail or not to thank you that way also.

I did sowed out those seeds last night. :-)

Lucy

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Good Morning Lucy!
    Beautiful Calla!
    Dorothy

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

That is a beautiful bloom!

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Very pretty. My callas won't be blooming for a long time, maybe a month from now. That's if they survived the winter. They might not have made it because it was so unusually cold but I have a bunch more that I started from seed.

• luvmy3afhounds
    14 years ago

Lucy,
    Calla Lilies are great! I imagine yours overwinter well for you. Some will overwinter here and some don't. I grow mine in a pot and put the bulbs in the garage for the winter. They should be blooming in the next week or so. I have started some Calla seeds from Karyn. This will be a first growing them from seed. It looks like you have many new starts planted in your flower bed. Hope they grow well for you!
    Joyce

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Karyn thanks to you I also have them growing from seeds. Lord only knows WHERE>...I swear...I have to find a better way of keeping the things I grow from seeds...labeled. In the end I was under such time crunch, that there are only a few I KNOW what they are. Like the KMOTGG :-) Oh well...surprise growing season and probably a lot of replanting. If they survive that!

Joyce this is the first year I am growing them. Just planted them in spring. but I already know that I want a lot more. They look just so unreal. today the edge of this one has a real slight hint of pink or purple.

Lucy

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I am so amazed at how it changed its color...I just have to show you all.

It is a new one to me.
    {{gwi:485910}}From Pictures to share with Garden buddies

Lucy

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

I love those and have some coming up from last year too. I was sure they were dead but one pushed up through a flower pot and out the top of the dirt. I guess they can be planted really deep if you wanted to, lol. Well goodnight Lucy. I am going to fall out in bed and sleep as long as I can.

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kristy I hope you got a good nights sleep also. I do not plan on taking them out. I will just try my luck. Otherwise with all the bulbs everywhere...I be digging like crazy come fall. Well of course the Amaryllis got to come in. Kristy did YOU leave yours in or am I still dreaming"

Got up to early. 3 am :-(

I can not wait till the other Calla lilies come up. I touched them yesterday. WOW I just think they are awesome.

Lucy

• jitterbug4756
    14 years ago

Beautiful color change in you callas. They are so very wonderful to look at aren't they. I don't have any in this new yard :( ...Thanks for sharing pictures of yours for us to be able to drool over.. even the lurkers like me! Judy

• givelittle_getlots
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Judy I am glad you came out of the lurking mode ..welcome.

I just picked a dark purple blooming one up at Lowes today. On the sales rack. I sure like them a lot. Have not even checked out yet if there are more varieties.

Did you just move? Forgive me if you have posted before...I am just real tired from working with the tiller the last 3 hours before coming in.

Lucy

• taz56
    14 years ago

Very pretty !
    Susan

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio