SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bunnyrampage

Can anyone please help me? My jade plant is sick...

bunnyrampage
11 years ago

I posted something at the beginning of April about my jade plant with an unknown disease. The edges of the leaves were turning brown, then black, then the leaves would fall off. One person responded saying I was over watering it so I should increase my pearlite and decrease my watering. Well, I did that on the 10th and my plant is still getting MUCH worse! Nobody else responded and I could really use some other advice right now :(

When I repotted my jade, the roots still looked fine and healthy but I increased the perlite to a total of 50% of my potting mix just to be safe. I haven't watered it at all since April 10th (I moistened the potting mix a little when I replanted it) and I'm so confused. The plant is starting to send out aerial roots at several nodes which I think means it's not getting enough water? But also now fully half of the leaves have black edges or spots and several more have completely fallen off...

Does anybody know what is wrong with my jade plant?? I'd really love to save it if I can! Also, I don't know if this is anything important, but the new leaves are growing much wider and thinner than the rest of the leaves. Does this mean anything?

Thanks in advance for any help you have to offer! I can also take pictures of anything I've described if that would help.

Comments (6)