SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
knottyceltic

A 'project' for the CANADIAN winter months

knottyceltic
17 years ago

This past summer I spent a great deal of time filling out the forms and taking photos in order to apply for the "Canadian Wildlife Federation - Backyard Habitat Certification".

It took a while to get the forms filled out just "so" and to get photos taken of a wide variety of my plants, shrubs, trees and wildlife friendly accessories.

The reward came when the package arrived in the mail. To have all your hard work acknowledged is SO gratifying and the items you receive in your certification package is quite neat. I won't tell what you get, because it's like Christmas to open your envelope but it's great fun and well worth the time to apply. I 'will' say that I took a lot of time to include absolutely everything in my application and labelled all the photos and for all my hard work the Federation gave me one of their signs for free which is a $15.00 value which you normally have to order. The signs are beautiful and will be posted in my woods to remind me that I'm doing a good job and to take some time to enjoy it.

If you are interested, go here:

http://www.wildaboutgardening.org/en/whats_new/backyardhab/backyardhab.htm

Have fun with it!

Barb

southern Ontario, CANADA

Comments (11)